Monday, September 12, 2011

Day 5


Day 5 blog challenge: If you could live in any past decade, which would you choose?

I would, without a doubt, choose the Jazz Age...the Roaring 1920's. I would be a gutsy gal who ignored prohibition and did things like get a job and cut my hair short (gasp!)



The 1920's saw an economic upswing after World War I and people came alive! I can only imagine what the big cities were like with Jazz Clubs on every corner filled with flappers with their long cigarettes dancing with men in fedoras and rolled trousers. Like Roxie Hart in Chicago!

The 1920's gave birth to a group of writers known as the Lost Generation which included F. Scott Fitzgerald, Ernest Hemingway, Cole Porter and many others. Of course, all of these famous writers were holed up in Europe...but I'd love to hear their stories and watch them live. It's no coincedence that my favorite book is The Great Gatsby..Daisy and her big hats and aristocratic life. And Jay Gatsby! Swoon...

I would definitely like to take a stab at several other generations, but I have always been attracted to the boldness of the 1920's. It's amazing how much a country can change decade by decade...from fashion to politics, music to technology.

Not too long from now we will be experiencing a new decade of 20's. The 2020's. I'll be in my mid-thirties by then...wonder if the flapper look will reemerge.

:)







No comments:

Post a Comment